Saturday, October 8, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s pick:
“Contrails” and “Trouble Hunters” by Astronautalis (Contrails feat. Tegan Quin)
Where I found Astronautalis: A few years back this guy went on tour with Tegan and Sara and I quietly filed him away in my bands to listen to file. Then, and this is where the story really turns, I found out he had another album coming out and I listened to it. Yeah...
With all the indie music I throw out on this blog I know it must seem like it’s the only thing I listen to, but I can assure you that couldn’t be further from the truth. I mean, this guy’s a rapper, so... pretty much got you there. Although, I guess he did get Tegan from Tegan and Sara to sing the hook. Dammit!
What I like: This guy has great, capital G great... so Great, lyrics. And on top of that he’s a master of the hook. I’ve had “Trouble Hunters” stuck in my head for over two years.
Contrails - Astronautalis feat. Tegan Quin


Trouble Hunters - Astronautalis

No comments:

Post a Comment