Saturday, July 2, 2011

Song(s) of the week

The pick:
“Walk Around The Lake” by Lost in the Trees
Where I found Lost in the Trees: To be honest, these days I feel pretty much like Carson Daly’s middle man.  I’ve found so much great new music from his show it’s hard not to sound like a broken record in these things. Of course, really what I’m doing is providing a valuable public service. None of you bastards are stupid enough to stay up that late... I probably deserve a medal.
What I like: The one thing you can’t call Lost in the Trees is derivative. Who’d have thought combining acoustic guitar driven singer-songwriter type material with classical string arrangements would have created such an interesting sound? Then again, it doesn’t hurt that that singer-songwriter material is so brilliantly written in the first place. Either way, you’d be hard pressed to find another band out there with as inventive a sound. Enjoy!
Walk Around The Lake - Lost in the Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment