Saturday, July 23, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s pick:
“Home” and “Janglin” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Where I found Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: I’m a little late to this party, I know, but over the past week it feels like this band has been hitting me over the head. First, I saw them on Conan’s concert series and then completely unrelated one of my friends introduced them to me again. Basically I went from having never heard of them to hearing them pretty much everywhere I went in under a week. It’s like I’ve been wearing blinders for the last two years. So I do apologise if this band is old news for you, but the only way I’m going to get over how much I love them at the moment is to tell somebody about them.
What I like: It’s just a refreshingly different sound. I love the big group mentality – the wide assortment of instruments, the huge group vocals – and yet they still manage to keep the songs feeling relatively down to Earth. They feel classic and modern all at the same time.
Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros


Janglin - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

No comments:

Post a Comment