Saturday, September 10, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s pick:
“Baby Blue” by Scanners
Where I found Scanners: Man, I miss Shameless. I was remembering back through some of the great music from that show and I found this little number tucked away in the archives (shut up, I can have archives).Shameless is still a few months away from coming back but I figured I’d post this one to remind everyone what a fantastic ride that first season was.
What I like: This song is hard for me to peg. I love the dynamics of the song, the way the band rotates instruments in and out of the song, changing the tempo and intensity as they go. I’m also a huge fan of the main xylophone/guitar riff (I’m not entirely sure what they’re using for that) that seems to tie the whole thing together. In the end though, it’s a song that does a lot of little things right. No one section really steals the spotlight, but together it all just works.
Baby Blue - Scanners

No comments:

Post a Comment