Saturday, September 17, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s pick:
“This Crowded Room” by Freedom Or Death
Where I found Freedom Or Death: This may be the most obscure pick I’ve ever made. I was up late one night – and by late I mean late enough people were starting to get ready for work, aka the only time music videos are on anymore – when I decided to turn the TV to Much Music. You can probably guess who I found. Lady Gaga? No, this guy. Damn, you really need to work on your guessing.
What I like: The production on this song is top notch (I feel old for saying that) and I love this guy’s voice. He’s not belting it out or anything like that, but his delivery is perfect for this song. I particularly like the way he uses his voice rather than just more instruments to fill in some of the background tracks. It adds a nice layering dynamic to the song.
This Crowded Room - Freedom Or Death

No comments:

Post a Comment