Saturday, March 12, 2011

Song(s) of the week

Na na na na na na na na song of the week. Na na na na na na na na song of the week. Song of the weeekkkk, song of the weeekkkk, song of the weeekkkk. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na song of the weeeeekkkkkk.
That was stupid. This week’s pick:
“November Was White, December Was Grey” by Say Hi
Where I found Say Hi: One of my favourite new shows this year is Shameless, and part of the reason for that is the incredible assortment of music played week in and week out on the show. This is one of those musical gems Shameless has brought to my attention. I won’t pretend to know a whole lot of this band’s back material. I quickly wikipediaed them before I wrote this and discovered they have like 7 albums, so I apologise to any of their diehard fans for not being up to date on their entire catalogue but I promise to go exploring after I finish this article. If the rest of their stuff is anything like this song then I can tell you right now I’m a fan.
What I like: Wow, where to start. The lyrics speak to me. I love whatever they’re using on his voice, and the harmony they throw over the chorus has this awesome sense of timing. I love the keyboard fill right after the first chorus, and I love the overall tone of the song. It’s very laid back and contemplative, which really complements the lyrics.
Is that enough or should I keep going? I’ll tell you what, why don’t just listen for yourself. Happy listening!
November Was White, December Was Grey - Say Hi

No comments:

Post a Comment