Saturday, August 27, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s picks:
“Lose You” and “Velcro Shoes” by Pete Yorn
Where I found Pete Yorn: The first time I “discovered” Mr. Yorn was on an episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. He came out and just rocked it with “Velcro Shoes.” Of course I later discovered that I’d listened to Pete Yorn many times before that, I’d just never been able to put a face to the music. When Kutner died on House a couple years back I remember how much I loved the funeral, in no small part to the unknown song scoring the sequence. Well the author of that song was of course Pete Yorn, knocking my socks off before I even knew who Pete Yorn was.
What I like: He’s got a pretty unique voice which means whatever he does is going to sound interesting, but I think maybe the best part about him is that he seems to be able to work in a variety of different styles. From the few songs I’ve heard from the guy it doesn’t seem like he likes to repeat himself all too often.
Lose You - Pete Yorn


Velcro Shoes - Pete Yorn

No comments:

Post a Comment