Friday, February 4, 2011

Song(s) of the week

It’s no secret – this blog is huge in Denmark. For some reason they love us there. I mean I get it, we’re very lovable, but still – you guys have really embraced us like one of your own. So it seemed only appropriate that this week’s song of the week come from a band from Denmark.
This week’s pick:
 “Heart of Stone” by The Raveonettes
Where I found The Raveonettes: I found them on a music video channel. Hmmm, that’s kind of anti-climatic. No wait I’ve got something better. I had just escaped from an ice monster intent on eating me when I stumbled out of its cave and into the snow. There I saw a vision of my old mentor, who gave me this message – “check out The Raveonettes”. After passing out and spending the night sleeping inside an odd bipedal creature, I did just that, and I was happy to find this Danish duo.
What I like: These guys are hard to explain. If you like airy reverb-ridden harmonies combined with indie sensibilities and a hint of pop than you’ll love this group. Actually, I think I’d have a hard time finding anyone who doesn’t love those things, so I guess I’m preaching to the choir.
My real advice though – instead of listening to me fumble along with descriptors just listen to these guys for yourself (if only for the great guitar riff in this song). I promise you won’t regret it.
Heart of Stone - The Raveonettes

No comments:

Post a Comment