Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear Internet

I have decided to blog.
Why now you ask? Because I am worried -- the internet is dangerously under populated when it comes to television and film blogs and no one seems to be doing anything about it. I will not stand idly by while people struggle to find answers to important questions like, should I be watching Community (you should), and is the new season of Dexter as good as the last (verdicts not out yet, but no -- the last one had Dick Solomon playing a serial killer)? It is a noble pursuit that clearly constitutes a need for this blog. Well that and I have nothing better to do with my time.
A little bit about myself. I have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of film and television. I love discovering new series that bring something different to the table, show an interesting perspective, or are just straight up great at what they do. I one day hope to become a writer and follow in the footsteps of great writers like JJ Abrams, Bill Lawrence, and Judd Apatow, hence the blog. Believe it or not actually writing is an essential part of this process. I was surprised too.
I really have no idea the shape this blog will take, whether I’ll be reviewing shows on a weekly basis, discussing the various shenanigans I get myself into, or compiling melodramatic playlists to ex-girlfriends (I’m definitely doing that). Hopefully whatever it turns into will be entertaining and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment