Saturday, December 4, 2010

Song(s) of the week

This is pretty much destined to become a worldwide sensation. Basically each week (until I get bored), I’m going to share with you a song (or songs) that I have come to love, from bands most of my friends have never heard of (except for when I force them to listen). Hopefully they will be songs you haven’t heard before, but I can’t really guarantee that (I have very little idea what is popular anymore)... so, if you have heard any of these songs give yourself a pat on the back for having such excellent taste in music and please check back next week for a song you hopefully haven’t heard yet.
This week’s picks:  
“Sleepyhead” and “Little Secrets” by Passion Pit
Where I found them: A few months back I was trying to find tickets to a Metric concert. I was way too late to get tickets to their show, but I did happen to notice who was opening for them. I gave the band a quick look up and I was pleasantly surprised. I may have heard part of “Sleepyhead” before this in a phone commercial or something, but I’m not really sure. Either way I don’t think you really get the full impact of the song until you’ve listen to it in its entirety.
What I Like: This band is super upbeat and their songs are catchy as shit. Some people I’ve shown this to seem to have trouble with the pitch of the guy’s voice, but in all honesty I think it’s a huge part of what I like about the band. Not only is it super hard to sing like that, but I think it helps to give them a distinguished sound. My favourite parts are the keyboard solo in “Sleepyhead” and the kid like chant in the chorus of “Little Secrets”. Enjoy!
Sleepyhead - Passion Pit


Little Secrets - Passion Pit

No comments:

Post a Comment