Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Song(s) of the week

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I’m currently working my way through the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia box set that Santa gave me. That guy just gets me.
Still no new episodes to report on, but to pass the time here’s another new song of the week.
“Lonely’s Lunch” by You Say Party!
Yes, for the first time in the history of the song of the week, I’ve chosen only one song. It truly is a great day.
Where I found You Say Party: On one of the few remaining channels that still play music videos. Legend has it, if you stay up really late at night, you can still find videos from bands outside the top 40.
What I like: Well first off, I’m a big fan of the video. It reminds me a lot of District 9, which, for me at least, is a positive. I love when bands do something outside of the norm.
And that’s what this band is really all about. They’re a great fusion between rock and dance music, and while that’s not exactly a new concept, no one does it quite like these guys (and girls). The layered harmonies in the chorus really make the song for me, and combined with the intensity of lead singer Becky Ninkovic’s vocal, give the song a great angsty (awesome word) feel. “Lonely’s Lunch” is a pop song with a lot of depth. Hopefully you agree. Enjoy!
Lonely's Lunch - You Say Party

No comments:

Post a Comment