Sunday, December 12, 2010

Song(s) of the week

I’ve spent all week on youtube watching the artist from this week’s song of the week. I think I may have problem.
Today’s pick is:
“Everywhere I Go” by Lissie
Where I found Lissie: I’m pretty sure I first heard Lissie on an episode of Grey’s Anatomy. See -- there are still some perks to watching that show. Whoever their music supervisor is deserves an epic high five.
What I like: This girl’s voice is phenomenal. You really just have to hear her to understand. The absolutely piercing chorus vocal on this song manages to send chills down my spine every time I hear it. Wow, listen to me – I sound like the James Lipton of music here. Whatever, I stand by it.
I’ve posted two versions of this song. The first is from her EP “Why You Runnin’”, and in my opinion is the better of the two. I think the minimalist arrangement and slower tempo in this version gives the song a better overall vibe. On the other hand, the version off her new album “Catching a Tiger” has an adorable elephant in the video, and I would never deprive you guys of that. I’ll let you decide which one you feel is better.
And also, because I am so in love with this girl, I’ve added a video of her covering Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness”. I really want to give a huge shout out to the guy in the video playing drums with his feet while simultaneously playing bass and singing back-up vocals. Unfortunately, this is a level of coordination I will likely never obtain.

Everywhere I Go - Lissie (Why You Runnin')
Everywhere I Go - Lissie (Catching a Tiger)


 Pursuit of Happiness - Lissie (Kid Cudi Cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment