Thursday, January 6, 2011

Song(s) of the week

Seeing as the band from this week’s songs of the week was on Jimmy Fallon a few nights ago I figured I’d better get a move on.
This week’s picks are:
“When I’m With You” and “Boyfriend” by Best Coast
Where I found Best Coast: I was watching an interview with the great Mark Hoppus a few months back when he casually mentioned this band. Curious, I decided to go on an internet search, and my efforts were eventually rewarded with this charming three piece.
What I like: With all the hidden metaphors and veiled meaning in music today, every once in a while it’s nice to hear a band just cut it right down to the bone with their lyrics. That’s what I like about this band – they’re catchy and to the point. “Cause when I’m with you I have fun” rings the hook of “When I’m With You”. How do you go simpler than that?
Happy listening!
When I'm With You - Best Coast


Boyfriend - Best Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment