Friday, January 14, 2011

Song(s) of the week

For anyone who has known me for any length of time, this band is in no way unknown. I have been shoving them down the throats of everyone I know for a good two years now, and today I shove them down yours.
Hopefully your listening experience will be a little more pleasurable than I made that sound. You’ve gotta learn the art of the sale Brian! Oh well. This week’s songs are:
“Camp Out” and “Postcards” by An Horse
Where I found An Horse: This was another product of working long nights in the lab. Originally I checked out this Australian duo because they were opening for Tegan and Sara. It didn’t take long for them to become a permanent fixture in my listening routine.
Over the past couple of years I’ve managed to see this band twice live, and even got the pleasure of meeting them in person (extremely nice people) at a small show in my home town. Just to prove to you how much I love these guys (well guy and girl) – my band frequently covers “Camp Out” in our live shows, and I consider their debut “Rearrange Beds” my favourite album of 2008.
What I like: They have a sound that is uniquely their own. Their hooks are solid. Their lyrics are sublime. They make an unbelievable amount of sound for a two piece band. Just pick one – they’re all great reasons to listen to this band.
Camp Out - An Horse


Postcards - An Horse
One last thing – I want to give a quick shout out to Conan’s “Staffer’s Kids Say the Darndest Things” sketch he did on Wednesday night’s show. He’s done this segment twice now and both times have left me in hysterics. You can find it here if you live in Canada or here if you live in the United States. You’ve got to wait a second for the Canadian version.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment