Friday, January 21, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s picks:
 “Wolf Like Me” and “DLZ” by TV on the Radio
I’ll admit it – I haven’t heard much of this bands material outside of these few songs, but I did have a friend speak very highly of them a couple of years ago. It’s a shame I didn’t check them out sooner because everything I’ve heard, I’ve loved.
Where I found TV on the Radio: There are certain songs you here on TV that you love all the more because of the scene they’re used in. This is one of those songs. I got the first two seasons of Breaking Bad for Christmas (do not ruin the third season for me) and I found this song playing over the tenth episode of the second season. Now if don’t keep a mental list of the numerical order of Breaking Bad episodes, this is in the scene I’m talking about.
WALT: Stay out of my territory.
So awesome.
What I like: When I listen to music atmosphere is really important to me. These guys know how to invoke a tone. I also really love the energy and rhythm they use in their vocal lines. From what I’ve heard this band rarely writes the same song twice, which earns them major respect in my books. It isn’t easy to write in that many different styles.
Wolf Like Me - TV on the Radio
DLZ - TV on the Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment