Saturday, April 9, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s picks:
“Colours”, “Don’t Say Oh Well”, and “Gold Coast” by Grouplove
Where I found Grouplove: I was only half listening when these guys (and girl) came on Carson Daly a week ago. I was just about to completely forget about them when I decided to check them out on YouTube before I went to bed. I’m very glad I did because I have literally been listening to this band on repeat for the last week.
What I like: I love their energy. I don’t understand how lead singer Christian Zucconi doesn’t completely blow his voice out because he absolutely goes for it on everything, and each of his band mates do a great job of supporting him vocally (Hannah Hooper’s harmony on the chorus of Colours makes the song for me). More than anything though, I love this band’s sense of adventure. You get the feeling that anything can and probably will happen on these songs, and that alone makes Grouplove incredibly fun to listen to.
Enjoy!

Colours - Grouplove


Don't Say Oh Well - Grouplove


Gold Coast - Grouplove

No comments:

Post a Comment