Saturday, April 23, 2011

Song(s) of the week

This week’s pick:
“The Last Living Rose” by PJ Harvey
Where I found PJ Harvey: Well I don’t think PJ Harvey is a huge secret, but I found “The Last Living Rose” on Conan. It’s one of those songs that just kind of grows on you the more you listen to it. The first time I heard it I didn’t hate it, but I certainly didn’t love it either. Yet much like Grouplove from a couple weeks ago I decided to give it another listen on YouTube, and now I’m literally listening to it on repeat.
What I like: I love the lyrics and the sense of nostalgia they create. I’m a little jealous of my sister right now because she’s going to England in a week and this song just makes you want to be there. Of course I have no idea what she’s actually talking about. It sounds like a tribute to me, but if you have some other interpretation feel free to go with that.
Enjoy!
The Last Living Rose - PJ Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment