Saturday, April 16, 2011

Song(s) of the week

I should have Thursday night’s line up for you tomorrow, but in the meantime here’s the song of the week.
This week’s pick:
“Get Some” by Lykke Li
Where I found Lykke Li: She’s been all over the late night circuit over the last few months. She was also on a Twilight soundtrack apparently, as a Stephenie Meyer loving friend of mine once sent me a song of hers from one of those movies. If you’re wondering, that friend was in fact a girl, though surprisingly not a 13 year old girl.
What I like:  She’s just a phenomenal songwriter. Her great use of rhythm, intriguing lyrics, and chant-like hooks all combine to give her an impressively unique sound. And she knows how to evoke a tone, so whether you understand her lyrics or not you still get an emotional response. I don’t really have anything else for you, but I also don’t want you to think that I like this song any less because I didn’t write as much as I normally do, so I’m going to keep talking until everything looks right... actually that’s probably enough there.
Bon appétit.
Get Some - Lykke Li

No comments:

Post a Comment